Freshly Grilled Barbecues, Roasted Meats, Peppered Suya and what we are not considering.



Aloha, Amigos!

Top of the morning to you. How was your night? I want to believe it was great. Mine was. Thanks for asking. That is if you are even asking. This morning has been great too. I had my breakfast a while back, and you know what? I was going all veggie. No animal thing whatsoever. Maybe because of the incidence of that hotel selling human meat. Nah, I would eat good meat if I still see it.

Men love to barbecue, no doubt. Gosh, I can not even start thinking about how much I have spent on Suya (Grilled Meat). As I type, the taste of hot freshly spiced suya is returning to my mouth. In fact, I could smell some seriously grilled Asun. Chai! There is a valid reason why Roast meats are called ak’omolole (Something that teaches children to steal).

Back then in high school, there were three things I save money for: Eyin, Suya ati Eran-Elede (Egg, Barbecue, and Pork). If you like, be disgusted about that third one o. It is my own mouth. Thanks for the concern and well-meaning irritation. One man’s food is another’s poison. Biko (Please). It has been like forever since I ate it last, though.

There was this time I came home late. My mom was very upset. When she could not take it anymore, she set out looking for me. Lol, all these mamas self, ehn… Anyway, before she got to the bus stop, there I was sashaying along the away.
Not exactly rushing at all. In my hand was a wrap of suya that I obviously was professing my love to. When her call jolted me from my revelry, all I could do was grin from ear to ear.

But then, one must be careful of what one eats. I once read a book in which the author wrote that if we see some of the animals from which the meats we eat were cut from when they were alive, we would think well before eating meat again. Some were sick, emaciated, and all that. Some were even dead before the knife was applied on them! But all these butchers just see how to make money and ‘prevent wastage’, and display the whole thing. Lord, have mercy.

There was this time that this sheep was crossing the road. No pictures, please. Just follow the story with your open mind. This is super story…. Alright, the sheep was crossing the road sluggishly, just the way all sheep move. Awon ode buruku! (stupid creatures!). Just then, a car sped past and (what do you expect?) hit the sheep. End of story? Not quite. Suddenly, butchers materialised out of nowhere. These were butchers expected to sit at their meat tables o. They just grabbed the limping body of the dead sheep and dragged it away. I am sure, by evening, some people would be buying the meat excitedly, unsuspectingly.

Scientists and Medical Doctors all over the world have been warning us all. Many of these stuffs we eat are actually harmful. Remember that post about those Sapele traders embalming their Cow flesh before selling, just to maximise profit. I would say you should look before you eat.

White meat is better than Red meat, safety-wise.

WHITE

  • Chicken
  • Turkey
  • Poultry, mainly


RED

  • Beef
  • Pork
  • All these BIG animals.


KFC and Chicken Republic should pay me o. This is free advert, just like that. But the safety of you, my friend, is much more important to me. See, I am not a hypocrite. I eat all these red stuffs too. I'm even a Manchester United fan. Up Reds! But I believe we should watch what we eat. After all, we are what we eat.

What is your advice on meats and how they should be eaten? What do you eat?

Aku Cinta Kamu, Amigos.
Aloha!


P.S: Make Sure You subscribe so that you would know whenever I drop a fresh content. Be the first to know!